Google Ventures will be publishing a book on running design sprints. In advance of that, they're making available a basic how-to guide that they describe as "an assortment of articles and other resources developed while working with startups over the past three years."
The GV design sprint process is broken out over five days with the goal of enabling a team "to build and test nearly any idea in just 40 hours":
- Monday: "On the first day of the sprint, your team will 'unpack' everything they know."
- Tuesday: "Your team will work individually to draw detailed solutions on paper."
- Wednesday: "By Wednesday, you’ll have over a dozen solutions to choose from."
- Thursday: "We show you our systematic plan for doing the impossible: build an entire realistic-looking prototype in just eight hours."
- Friday: "On Friday, you’ll show your prototype to real customers in 1-on-1 interviews."
The how-to guide describes in more detail each step of the process and provides links to a selection of "greatest hits" articles on topics such as innovation and design thinking.
VIDEO: Participating in a Google Ventures Design Sprint
And while we're on the subject of Google Ventures' approach to design sprints, watch this video titled "What's So Great About Google Ventures' Design Sprint?" produced by 33voices. It features CustomMade CEO Mike Salguero describing his company's experience participating in a GV design sprint.
WYSKR at SXSW Interactive 2015
In the run-up to SXSW Interactive, WYSKR is keeping an eye on the content being shared on social media by the event's speakers. When particularly noteworthy content is shared by a speaker, WYSKR will share it with you, along with video content of interest.
Because great events curate great speakers, and great speakers not only know great content when they see it, they also often take the time to share it with others via social media.
Want to be notified by when we publish a new SXSW 2015 post? Sign up for our email updates below. Also, to find #SXSW2015-related posts in our blog, just use our #SXSW2015 hashtag. Thanks!