Curious about what will be happening with wearables in 2015?
International CES speaker Heidi Forbes Öste (@ForbesOste) joined Glen Gilmore, Fred Steube, Best Buy Canada, the NFC Forum and many others who tweeted about a new post on betakit.com written by Tom Emrich of Mobilesyrup.com titled "14 Predictions for Wearables in 2015":
In his post, Emrich reviews the accuracy of his previous year's predictions and then details his 14 predictions for 2015:
- Smartphone-powered VR Solutions Will Bring Virtual Reality Mainstream
- Wearable Cameras Break Out of Sports and Onto the Bodies of Super Sharers
- Identity Becomes the Killer App for Wrist-worn Wearables
- Apple Will Succeed With the Apple Watch
- Apple’s Digital Touch Will Usher in a New Form of Communication
- Fashion Brands Will Dominate Tech Headlines
- A New Wearable Sensor Will Democratize the “Lie Detector”
- Smart Garments Gain Traction at the Gym
- Google Glass Rises from the Ashes in Enterprise (and Travel)
- Healthcare and Sports Will See Significant Disruption from Wearables (But the Average Consumer Will Still Be Buried in Data)
- Developers Enter the Wearable Space But Like Mobile Struggle to Make Money
- Most Marketers and Advertisers Will Lump Wearables in with their Mobile Strategy
- Fears Around Privacy and Security Will Continue to Grow (for Wearables and in General)
- The Promise of Wearables Will Continue to Blur with Reality
And while we're on the subject...
For more on wearables, watch this roundtable presentation from LeWeb'14 Paris on the topic of wearable computing moderated by James McQuivey, VP & Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, and featuring the following panelists:
WYSKR at International CES
In the run-up to International CES, WYSKR kept an eye on the content being shared on social media by the event's speakers. When that content received significant attention on social, WYSKR shared it with you.
Because great events curate great speakers, and great speakers know - and often share - great content when they see it.