Curious about the 5 biggest digital entertainment missteps of the past year?
International CES speaker Todd Spangler's (@xpangler) recent post on Variety.com titled "Top 5 Digital Entertainment Fails of 2014" sparked tweets from dozens of people including industry pros like Peter Csathy, Jeffrey Hirsch and Daniel Jacobson:
Spangler, the NY digital editor for Variety, identified the following as the 5 "biggest digital fumbles over the last 12 months":
- Sony hacked
- Redbox and Verizon kill their Netflix killer
- Pirate Bay booted offline
- Streaming snafus for HBO, ABC, ESPN and Warner Bros
- Aereo KO’d in fight with broadcasters
And while we're on the subject...
For a discussion of the future of digital entertainment, check out the video below of a panel discussion on the topic of "The Future of Digital Entertainment in a Multiscreen World" hosted by StreamingMedia.com at its most recent "Streaming Media East" event. The panelists at the event included:
- Bonnie Pan, Head of Video Programming, Yahoo
- Chris Melissinos, Director, Corporate Strategy, Media and Entertainment, Verizon
- Don Sperling, VP, Executive Producer, New York Football Giants
- Alex Kisch, SVP, Business Affairs and Business Development, Vevo
- Sarah Barry James, Senior Reporter, SNL Kagan
WYSKR at International CES
In the run-up to International CES, WYSKR kept an eye on the content being shared on social media by the event's speakers. When that content received significant attention on social, WYSKR shared it with you.
Because great events curate great speakers, and great speakers know - and often share - great content when they see it.